Ashley from A Lady Goes West contributes a guest post. Here are the top 5 reasons to join a group fitness class.
Hello, everyone, and welcome to another week of work!
Les Mills GRIT Initial training, which I attended this past weekend, was an amazing experience.. Together, we worked hard and learned a lot. I’m exhausted and sore, but I’m also happy. Ashley from Such a Lady Goes West will be here to talk about group fitness while I’m still recovering from my last workout. Who better to hang out with today than just a fellow Les Mills instructor?
Ashley here from A Lady Goes West says hello!
I’m glad you’re here, LGRS readers. It’s been a pleasure getting to know you. My name is Ashley, and you can find me at a Lady Goes West, where I write about all things Western. Since I enjoy meeting new people, I was thrilled when Jenna contacted me to be a guest blogger!
It’s not hard to tell that Jenna and I share many interests. On top of everything else, we’ve gotten our fitness credentials from FitFluential and Les Mills and have become FitFluential ambassadors. “A Lady Goes West” was born out of my husband and I’s move from Orlando, Florida to San Francisco, California about two and a half years ago. Moving is difficult, but I’ve had a great time in California, and it’s given me the opportunity to pursue my passions as a fitness professional as well as writer full-time after working in corporate America for many years.
Rollerblading with Ashley:
This is a picture of me in my current work attire: workout gear!
Currently, on my blog, I write about my workouts, my daily eats, fitness tips, easy recipes and travel, as well as the exciting adventures I have while living in the San Francisco Bay area. I’m here to speak about fitness right now, so let’s get started…
This is an opportunity for me to share my thoughts on why group fitness classes like Les Mills are so important, as Jenna and I have a lot in common. Group fitness has changed my life, and as a personal trainer, I’m a big proponent of the personalised attention and customised plans you could get from one-on-one sessions.
Here are the top 5 reasons why participating in group exercise is beneficial to you: Little Green Running Shoes: The Westward Journey of a Woman
The five most compelling reasons to participate in group fitness classes
1. Being a part of a group means you’ll be held responsible for your actions. If you regularly attend a group fitness class, you’ll likely run into the same people and find a particular spot where ever you want to set up. This type of fitness is mostly about making new friends whereas you sweat, and that community will keep you focused to get in those workouts. Introduce yourself towards the instructor and the other students, even if you’re shy about doing so. While it’s possible to get away with not going for a week or two, it’s not a good idea to do so.
2. Classes provide your body with variety. You can’t expect to get the same results when you’re doing the workout routine every day. Another area in which group fitness excels is providing our bodies with the variety they crave. You’ll always learn something new in a dance class because new moves, music, and exercises are introduced every few weeks. If you find yourself getting bored in your own sweat sessions, consider signing up for a group fitness class. Until I began taking Les Mills BODYPUMP classes nearly seven years ago, I never had lifted a weight in my entire life. Today, I’m a fitness instructor, a personal trainer, and a huge fan of resistance training. That’s all thanks to Group Fitness.
3. Good teachers to help you get fitter, as well as teach you new skills. A strong instructor is likely to be found in a Les Mills class, that these Jenna and I both teach regularly. A lot of time and effort went into preparing that instructor to deliver this same workout that you’re already doing. Even though you won’t get the personal attention of the valuable personal training session, you will have the opportunity to watch, listen, as well as learn from some who knows what they’re on about (most of the time!). They’ve received specialised training to assist you in becoming more physically fit. My students frequently turn to me for advice on healthy living topics both before and after class, and they do so because they trust my knowledge. During class, I have my students roll out their foam rollers, change up their workouts, drink more water, and get plenty of rest. Attending class as well as chatting with me is all that is required.
4. The appointment can be scheduled and kept. What I love most about group exercise is because it has a beginning and an end. If you know you really ought to leave work or home at 5:30 p.m., pack a bag, and schedule the rest from your day around at that workout, you can plan your day accordingly. Classes can’t be pushed back, and that makes it easier for me and others to stick to the regular workout schedule. If you make signing up for classes a recurring event in ones calendar, you’ll be more likely to go to them, and you’ll get in more work outs.
5. You can take in the energy and use it as a source of nourishment. You know that one was truly the case if you’ve ever worked out in a setting that caused you to expend more energy than usual. It’s possible to push yourself tougher when there are a large number of people all over you who are also working hard and immersed in the moment. Classes with a high level of exertion and a high level of perspiration appeal to me because it motivates me to push and via exhaustion and get the most out of my workouts. If you prefer a more laid-back approach to your workout, a yoga class could be just the ticket. Despite this, there is strength in unity. In addition, working out in a group is a lot of fun, as well as you can get a little extra motivation from the company of other people.
In my more than 6 years of instructing fitness classes, I’ve been amazed by the growth of my students’ enthusiasm for the classes they begin in. Class participation has the power to transform people’s lives and bodies for the better. A Les Mills class is an excellent place to start if you’re new to fitness classes, and you can find one here.
That concludes my day’s work. Please accept my sincere gratitude to Jenna for allowing me to join in on the LGRS fun.